Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Things that Santa Brought.....

Hello All.  I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas.  I definitely enjoyed my time off!  Still not a lot of progress on the house...not sure I can blame it on the weather anymore.  I guess they took some time off for the holiday as well!  They did get the basement walls waterproofed and inspected, the plumbing lines are done and they have started to backfill with gravel.  Here are a couple of pictures:
This is me standing on the "front porch"

Black stuff=waterproofing:)
Since those are boring...let me share of picture of one of the things I got for Christmas.  This is the thing I was MOST excited about getting....although all the other gifts were great too!  This is a handmade door knocker for my new house.  It was made by a dear friend and I think it is absolutely FABULOUS! 
Door knocker in the shape of a dragon....
it has beady eyes and was all hand forged!! 
(I think that's proper iron terminology??)
I can't wait to hang this on the door....I think it's AMAZING!  I also got some super cool rain boots (for stomping around on the lot in the MUD), a Panini machine, and some cutie Le Creuset ramekins!

I thought I would share a couple of other pictures as well....these are just pictures that inspire me and I hope they inspire you too!


A gorgeous covered porch created by The Porch Company

HGTV's Color Splash Miami.  I love the wall treatment...hard to see, but it's different
shades of cream...vertical stripes.  I plan to do this in the downstairs guest bedroom!

I bought this rug on clearance at Pottery Barn.  I'm thinking
I will be using it in the dining room.

I hope you all have a Happy New Years...be safe and be sure to eat peas for good luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment