Sunday, January 9, 2011

WOW!

I haven't been to the house much lately...work has been busy and it will be for the next month or more.  BUT...I didn't have to work today so I headed to the house first thing this morning (in my pajama pants) and WOW...they have accomplished SO much in two weeks!  Here's a few pictures from today.  You will notice one is as me standing on the front porch in the same place I stood on the last post....but this time, there is a house behind me!!
Standing on the front porch!

Walking down the stairs into the basement..

Looking up at the house from the back yard
It really is AMAZING how much they have gotten done.  The inside first floor and basement are completely framed, so I can walk through all the rooms and see how big (or small!) they are and imagine what they will be like in just a couple months from now!  It's finally all coming together and it's even more exciting than I imagined!  

Since the last post, I have met with my builder once to discuss all the remaining details.  Since that meeting...paint has been the biggest thing on my mind.  I think I have just about nailed the colors down and I have also started a little online shopping.  Here are a couple of things I have ordered lately:
2 twin duvet covers with powder blue embroidery...I also got towels,
rugs, shams, bedskirts, etc.  From Pottery Barn for the "twin" bedroom

A natural microfiber headboard with silver nailheads from Ballard Designs

Pillows!  Hopefully for the master bedroom...Ballard Designs
I'll share paint colors a little later this week.  Hopefully I will get some of these fun things in the mail this week and I can decide 100% what colors I want.  AND, hopefully next weekend, the second floor will be framed.  Alrthough, the possibility of 4-7 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow could delay us again! 

1 comments:

Laura Erwin said...

very exciting! i love that headboard from ballard! i love that they have really affordable pieces that are classic and stylish. can't wait to see your paint colors.

Post a Comment