I took a vacation day today...so much shopping to do and so little time. I'm supposed to have all my house selections made by September 30th and that is NOT very far away....and that is my FAVORITE part of the building process....buying pretty things!! So today I went hunting for tile, granite, and cabinets. I priced a few pedestal bathtubs...much like this one above....and I will NOT be having one in my house...WOW...they are pricey!
$1800 or so....although I may continue the hunt because I found some online for waaaay less than that.
I went and looked at tile...which is my MOST favorite thing of all, I think. I've actually had several recurring dreams about tile....I know...it's bad....but it's true. I think I am even planning my house stuff while I sleep...maybe that explains the dark circles under my eyes these days. So I found a lot of tile I like...just have to get the cabinet selection nailed down first. Here's a couple of my favorite tile looks...I have many more...so i'll just share a few...I realize tile doesn't excite everyone like it excites me:)
![]() |
| I'm thinking upstairs jack n jill bath... |
![]() |
| Kitchen backsplash....but I'd have to go with more neutral colors...but isn't is so pretty and fun!?! |
I've been to two places so far to price cabinets...Timberland in Brentwood, Advanced Kitchen Concepts in Franklin and today I went to Lyles, TN to visit Jerry and Barry...two brothers that run Custom Trim and Cabinets. I had seen pictures of their cabinets from a friends house ...so I went all the way to Lyles...in Hickman County...to see the real thing. I was IMPRESSED....these old country boys know how to build some cabinets...and they had a LOT of finish choices! Barry was the one that helped me and he was super nice....a little like Santa Claus...jolly and pleasantly plump....I liked him. I'm pretty sure their computer was from 1989, but the drawings he showed me were serious cabinet drawings! He also kept giving me his e-mail address...and here's what he said "capital T, capital O, capital Y....lowercase C..." I won't give away his entire address...but he seemed to feel it was very important that you capitalize certain letters of the address....I actually had to step away for a moment and giggle. BUT...the best part of the whole trip...was when I stopped for gas and saw THIS.....seriously....I haven't seen anything like it in my entire life...here's a picture and then I'll explain...
I tried REALLY hard to get a good angle on this...I'm pumping gas when this guy pulls up and gets out of his shiny truck. No shirt....fine....it was kinda hot out today. But check out the HAIR....Oh My Gosh....seriously...this wasn't a mullet...it was SO much more. It definitely had mousse on the top third...which was kinda longer and styled like "business" hair. Then we had the sides that were practically shaved...and the best part....a pet squirrel hanging down his back (i.e. a fancy pony tail). I had to do a triple take...actually...it was worse...I just let my jaw drop and immediately grabbed my camera. I simply couldn't resist. Then...his woman (below) showed up and her hair was JUST as pretty....black on the bottom with a white phony tail on top...and a chiffon princess bow in it. I'm thinking of going with this style on my next trip to the salon....
If this is your aunt and uncle...I'm sorry...but it was TOO funny.
All three cabinet people are supposed to be working on drawings..and pricing...I'm pretty excited to see what they come up with. The product is all very similar quality. Then I can get going on tile and granite and lighting and paint colors and window treatments and all that other FUN stuff!
I'll be posting my floor plan on here at some point along with some outside pictures I have snapped lately...I got another draft back today of the plan and I see a couple more changes I want to make....hopefully I'll get to get those to the builder early next week and get them taken care of....we're trying to break ground by mid to end of September....
Happy Weekend...sorry for the length of the post!





1 comments:
i love that you posted pics of the hickman county hair! ha. can't wait to see what cabinets you decide on and of course tile and fixtures. decisions, decisions.
Post a Comment