Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fresh Start

As many of you know....the last few months have been a time filled with a lot of change. Some change I am welcoming with open arms and some - not so much. I won't bore you with details, but here's a brief overview:
Shay and I have seperated and are getting divorced. I could go on and on about this, but I will refrain. He's a wonderful man, but it wasn't a good fit...and, yes...I know I should have figured that out before we married....third time is a charm, right?!?!
Next, we finally sold the house we owned together and so I've moved into a condo (I like to refer to it as Melrose Place) and he has obviously moved elsewhere. I'm really enjoying Melrose Place...saltwater pool surrounded by pretty trees and 4 big condo buildings...and Heather Locklear is my landlord (kidding....)
And last, but most definitely not least...the MOST exciting change....drum roll please.....I am building a house.....I am absolutely TICKLED to death about this...I may be pulling my hair out in three months, but for now...this is a project that I am thrilled to be working on!! This project is what has got me thinking about blogging again....I'd love to share the building process with family and friends and I'd love to record this time in my life...hopefully look back someday and learn from it...and understand that it ALL happened for a reason.

So, the seed has been planted and Katy's Blog of Possibilities will hopefully flourish and grow into Katy's Blog of Realities some day. That's the idea behind the title...I have a friend...a wonderful, amazing and inspiring friend...who one day told me about her "book of possibilities" that she was working on. It was a time in her life when she was experiencing a lot of the same change that I am experiencing now. She created this book of pictures detailing all the things she wanted to have or experience in her life....from vacations, to babies, to finding the man of her dreams. And now...that dear friend...seems to be slowly but surely turning all of her "possibilities" into "realities" and it has been so amazing to watch her journey. I'm hoping my story plays out in a similar way....I haven't given up on men (yet) and LORD knows how bad I want a baby....and this house thing is just the beginning of projects for me.

SO...welcome to my blog of possibilities....

Katy

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Honey, it sounds like you are totally "together" even though you have had a rough year. I'm so glad for you that you are able to build your house and do other things that you love to do.

I'm very proud of you. Love you, Mom

Post a Comment