Sunday, March 6, 2011

2 Years Ago Today....

2 years....doesn't it sound like it's such a long time?  It does to me too...except on days like today.  It's been 2 years since my miscarriage.  Everyone handles things differently...and maybe for me...since I still don't have my baby...I haven't handled it all that well.  Don't get me wrong...I'm okay and have moved on, but on days like today...it feels like it was just yesterday that it happened.  Was there anything I could have done different?  I know in my mind it all happened for a reason, but it's definitely something that has affected my life, how I think about things and it's something that I will never forget and that I never care to experience again!  I am sure if I had a baby right now...I wouldn't think about it nearly as much...but since I don't, it crosses my mind pretty often.  Not necessarily the miscarriage, just all the things that surround being a parent.  I wonder....Have I made good choices?  Will I find the right man?  Am I ready to be a mom?  Will I make a good mom?  How will I balance my work and raising a baby?  Will I be able to get pregnant again?  WHEN will I get my chance?  I think about being a step mom....a single mom...adoption, fertility issues...will I have to have surgery again when I get ready to have a baby?  I think it's okay to wonder all of these things.  Fertility issues and miscarriages stink....if you are blessed enough to have a baby...be super thankful!

Miscarriage happens so often to so many women ...more than once....and women move on...it's pretty incredible really.  We are strong....much stronger than men, I think:)  Happy Sunday....

2 comments:

Laura Erwin said...

You're right, a lot of women go through it and it's amazing how you and others are able to move on so gracefully. I know of two who have suffered miscarriages in the past year. Following your dreams will pay off - look at all you've accomplished! You WILL have your baby one day. :)

Kelley and Chad said...

I know you will have a baby someday...It's easy to look back and think we would have made different choices in life. One thing is for sure, there is absoultely nothing that you did to cause the miscarriage. Unfortunately, most women have a miscarriage at some point in their lives. You will absoultely be a wonderful mother! Your time will come :)

Post a Comment